MKT: sentiment - bullish

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 6 / 28 / 98

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 6/22 through 6/28 on our web site.

Number of participants: 363

30 day outlook:

61 % bullish,  32% last week
19 % bearish,  45% last week
19 % neutral,  23% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 6/26: 8994 (it was 8726
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

This week's sentiment number showed a huge jump in bullish sentiment. Of
course, this is not terribly surprising given the strong market rally last
week. Nevertheless, a 29% jump in bullish sentiment and a 61% bullish
reading is enough to get us to sit up and take notice. The bearish reading
of 19% was the lowest since April 5th (after which the SP500 dropped 20
points in the two the next couple of days).

We have had several weeks of extremely bearish readings. We don't want to
take the first jump in bullish sentiment as a sell sign, but whenever we
get readings above 60% we get a bit nervous. These readings often result in
another day or two of strength and then some pullback.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker