MKT: sentiment - bullish

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 4/27 through 5/3 on our web site.

Number of participants: 335

30 day outlook:

49% bullish,  23% last week
29% bearish,  34% last week
23% neutral,  43% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 5/8: 9175 (it was 9152
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bullish sentiment jumped 26% higher to 49% last week. Bearish sentiment
dropped 5% to 29%, while the neutral camp dropped 20% to 23%. A jump in
bullish sentiment is to be expected given the market's rebound late last
week. However, a 26% jump in bullish sentiment is one of the largest we
have seen since Guess the Dow started over a year ago (the largest ever was
on 3/22 when we had a 28% jump - the next week the DJIA fell 110 points).
So the sentiment numbers seem to be saying this is not the time for the
bulls to be complacent.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,