GEN: MONEY MANAGERS?

It is not uncommon for even very savy traders to diversify and let other
money managers handle a portion of their portfolios.  My position on this
is that unless a money manager can deliver both consistent and superior
returns--clients are working for the money manager and not the other way
around.  Stated another way, it's a better deal for them than it is for the
clients--and at no risk.  I came to this conclusion after a slightly
negative
experience with a couple of managers.  (Lost very little--didn't make
money)
I would be grateful if anyone could share with me who they use?  Has any-
one found a good manager through the use of "Nelson's"?  We all know
the vast majority of track records are mediocre so the search is
difficult--
along with insuring they stay on target.  Thanks for the favor of and