Re: Japan real economy situation

You mention that last year business all but dried up.  That may have
well been the bottom in Japans slump, with us seeing the aftermath now.
The factors that led to Japans rise have long been gone.  The energy
crisis of the 70's and 80's helped fuel Japan's rise mainly because of
their experiance and supply of small economical cars at a time when
Detroit was asleep at the wheel.  Their policy of limiting the amount of
goods and services they import from America while having unlimited
access to our markets also gave them additional fuel.  Eventually all
this led to them becoming top heavy.  Their currency more than
quadrupled, their cars became over priced, their investments more
speculative and a loss in the pride in being part of a team.  They
became selfish, the want of money replaced their tradition of honor.
The same thing happened to the US in the 70's.  Japan is in the begining
stages of recovery, although I feel that we may not have seen the bottom
of the yen.
Paul