Japan real economy situation

Dear RT'ers

I was interested in recent discussion of Japan. I live in Japan and work
for a large semiconductor equipment company. As a capital business, we act
as a leading indicator. Our business pretty much disappeared last year in
November/December but is now picking up quite nicely. Japanese makers are
looking for equipment right now and capacity is ramping up pretty well. We
had systems lying dormant with the electricity shut off last winter and all
these systems are now running again. I have seen this news reported in the
Nikkei Shimbun also. Spare parts and engineering specials orders are up
too, which means that budgets inside the Japanese companies are being
released.

All this activity is going to translate into increased GDP in 2 quarters or
so. Be careful with any domesday scenario that involves Japan going bust,
from where I am I think the worst is over, at least in the hi-tech sector.

I guess this information is known to the stock market analysts that cover
our industry so I expect the worst in the NASDAQ hi-tech stocks is over. I
am a buyer of our own company's stock, because our business here is getting
better every day now.