Elliott Wave

As someone with over 10 years REALTIME experience applying Elliott
techniques that are not published in 99% of all Elliott books and have
proven to work consistently, let me provide you guys with some brief
wrods of direction.

>Greetings John:
>
>Here are a few more pointers I will add in addition to your 'parameters'.
>Hope this helps.
>
>John Nowak wrote:
>
>> A few weeks back there were some posts on Elliot wave.  This is an area
>> I am currently exploring....for the weekend.  There must be some rules
>> of thumb for the observations and interpretations of the waves. In
>> scanning my charts I have used the following
>>
>> 1) Wave 2 should be equal to wave 4

WRONG

>> 2) Zig Zag in wave 2 is common

WRONG

>> 3) wave 3 can have and extension ...usually 5 wavelets

YES but extremely vague and of no value.

>   4) The rules of alternation should also be applied when considering
>corrective waves.  For instance, if wave 2 is a simple corrective zigzag;
>alternately, corrective wave 4 should take into account of the possibility
>of a more complex type of pattern.  An example would be: 5-3-5(zigzag) +
>triangle + 5-3-5(zigzag) = wave 4.

YES...almost always

>   5)  The possibility of a fifth wave extension, especially in trading
>stock index and commodities futures.

Yes..but once again to vague to be of any real value.

>   6)  Overlapping of the fifth wave usually results in the formation of an
>upward wedge before the break down of the current trend.

Its called a Diagonal Triangle or Rising Wedge.

>   7)  (THIS ONE IS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE):  There SHOULDN'T be any x's
>involve in the counting of corrective waves, except with certain type of
>triangles and wedge where a-b-c-d-e is a perfectly valid counts for these
>type of patterns.  Personally, the inclusion of x's in corrective waves
>basically means one really doesn't know what the heck is going on of a
>particular market anymore.  IOWs, one has loss his/her perspective already.

TOTALLY and UTTERLY WRONG....that is what I thought when learning.  X
waves are extremely common and provide a foundation to link multiple
'abc' corrective patterns.

>> Those of you who have more experience in Elliot wave......Could you
>> enter some more that you use....maybe we can develop a better
>> understanding of how the system is to be used.  The system I use needs
>> four bars to be posted past the last wave turning point before it plots
>> the wave line is this the norm?
>
>> John
>
>   Have a good one
>   Jeff Harteam