Re:Elliott Wave

A few weeks back there were some posts on Elliot wave.  This is an area
I am currently exploring....for the weekend.  There must be some rules
of thumb for the observations and interpretations of the waves. In
scanning my charts I have used the following

1) Wave 2 should be equal to wave 4

2) Zig Zag in wave 2 is common

3) wave 3 can have and extension ...usually 5 wavelets

Those of you who have more experience in Elliot wave......Could you
enter some more that you use....maybe we can develop a better
understanding of how the system is to be used.  The system I use needs
four bars to be posted past the last wave turning point before it plots
the wave line is this the norm?

John