RE: Surprise at threats of reprisals.

> [mailto:owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of A.J. Carisse

> Walt Downs wrote:
>
> > Well, this is a new one. USC 1123..... what the heck is that?
>
> I can't wait to hear this one.  First, in referencing U.S. Code,

AHA!  There's the problem rot thar.  "USC 1123" does not refer to the
U.S. Code.  It refers to the Utah Statutes for Correspondence,
recognized by the Federal government as applicable in other states.  I
happen to have a copy right here, and section 1123 says (among other
things):

"Electronic mail messages, facsimile transmissions to non-dedicated
receiver units such as computers, and other forms of electronic
correspondence may only be received at the pleasure and discretion of
the recipient.  Anyone transmitting unwelcome electronic correspondence
may be subject to a fine of between $50 and $500,000 for each
infraction.  The recipient is entitled to determine the amount of the
fine, and is enjoined to do so fairly in consideration of the degree of
annoyance experienced by the receipt of the unwelcome transmission."

There you have it!  For more info on the USC, see
http://www.utahrocksmajorly.gov/Pub/Statutes/Interdomestic/USC

Sticks
--
Troutman, Defender of Sticks   (aka)   Jonathan Matte, President
troutman@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Defender Capital Management, Inc.