Trading for a Living ??

   As a new member of this list, I have observed that there appear to be
several members who are professional traders or who make their primary
income from trading.

   Like many others, I have considered (fantasized) about day trading
for a living. However, like most things, I know that it would be harder
than it appears, so I am keeping my day job for now.

   If there are members of this list who would be willing to publically
share their personal experience about full time trading, I would love
to hear from them. Perhaps there are others here who would also like
to enter this discussion and add comments or ask questions.

   I would be particularly interested in the following questions:

1. How did you make the transition to full time trader?
2. Would you do it again?
3. What do you like and dis-like about full time trading?
4. What is your trading style, what markets, etc.
5. What has been the most challenging aspect of full time trading?
   (ie. money management, personal psychology, emotional control ??)
6. Without giving away secrets, what are some of your strategies,
   methods, etc.
7. How much capitalization (account size) is needed?
8. What kind of returns have you been able to achieve?
9. Any other info that you think is meaningful and helpful.

Thanks,
Gene Batten
mdleb@xxxxxxxxx

PS. After today (5/21/98) I will be off-line until 6/2/98.