Index Leaps

  I was trying to buy index leaps this morning, the spx dec 99 puts at 110
strike (symbol lsxxb.) My broker said these aren't available, although they
were listed in their symbol lookup. Supposedly these sell at strikes 1/10
the index, but the broker told me it apeared to him that they are now
selling for the full index, and the same story for oex leaps.
  I couldn't find info at the cboe website either. Their info says the
symbol is correct and it should sell for 1/10, and the oex leaps for 1/5
the index.
   My broker could not find an at-the-money or even a near-the-money strike
price for either option series.
  Does anyone know about these options, and how to buy them? I am trying to
buy insurance for my stock portfolio. SPX leaps seem like they would be a
good way to go, if they are 1/10 the index this is what I need.

Thanks,
David Cicia