Re: GEN: Systems Are NOT Us

>"Push the up-arrow key when the trend changes to up" and totally
disregard the actions!

Bob ,

Great post!. In fact the entire discussion started off by Ric Ingram on
this subject has been excellent. I particularly enjoyed the views
expressed by Pete.

I think the desire to prove our own"smartness" and ability to read more
into a situation than what is being signalled by the system is what
leads to problems with systems. There is no denying the fact that the
biggest variable in a trading system is the trader himself. Developing
the discipline necessary to execute the signals seems to be the biggest
stumbling block for most traders. With so many inputs flowing through
everyday that we trade, it is so very difficult to keep them at bay.
While this in itself may be the very reason that we have a system, I
feel it is vital that we spend most of our time working on our psyche
rather than on the system.

Dr.Narayan
Bombay, India.