Re: Jeff Cooper Hit and Run and 5 Day momentum

At 04:01 PM 3/21/98 -0500, Peter M. Perry wrote:
>Paul,
>
>I use the s/w every day, along with the other s/w (the stuff from
>Cooper's book).  Tradesation chartscanner processes about 600 stocks in
>roughly 20 min. The problem then is to sift out good trades from about
>50 hits.  I find the Cooper "Hit List" of little value. I use Telescan
>Prosearch to narrow down my list to about 5 or 6 candidates for trading
>the next day.
>
>Peter Perry
>
>Paul Cote wrote:
>
>> Do any of you use the software developed for this?  How is it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul Cote

Peter

I have found Telescan quite adequate myself - although I am not
currently trying Jeff Cooper's approach.

Why is the method better that starts with chartscanner against 600
stocks?   I have fould Telescan (more recently I have just used
their wallstreetcity.com service which has less flexibility but is
simple) quite good at building a hit list.  I grant you I get a
hit list of quite some length at times and the none at other times.
No single prosearch is a philosopher's stone to me.  I look for
convergence (when different prosearches agree on one or two hits).

Pete
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx