Re: GEN: Is anyone making money daytrading??

Hi Bryan,

You wrote:
>Is it really possible to a successfull S&P daytrader from home/office????

I daytrade the S&P from home but it needs considerable concentration so I
think only seasoned traders could do it from a busy office. My broker
trades between fielding phone calls but he has been doing it for decades.

>You hear so much about how impossible it is to day trade the S&P

Not impossible but it does take considerable time and effort. It took me
six months of paper trading followed by six months of actual trading to
reach the point where I felt reasonably confident.

>the only way to successfully trade futures is through longer term trend
following >methods.

That's certainly one method but not the only one. Being able to sleep at
night without worrying that the market will open against me is very
important for my feeling of comfort.

>I am looking for a successfull S&P daytrader who is willing to act as a paid
coach.

Check out the web site http://www.ntg-futures.com/S&P%20Signals.htm where
you will find the author's daily trading record which he posts as an
advertisement for his one-on-one training course.

I mention this site not because I know the author or have ever been in
contact with him but because I was interested in his level of success: he
isn't promising the moon, he often has non-trading days and seems to make
about 30 big points a month which is an achievable target.

Hope this helps.

Michael Soliatis