Re: GEN: Help Elliott Wave Prin.

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:36:37 -0600
From: Timothy Morge <tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Gw.Gautier@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: "omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>,
        RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Money management and Trading business

Gwenn Ael Gautier wrote:

> My views:
>
> 1 - Trading constant size is riskier than increasing size. Indeed, as
> traders you have fixed costs, and you have to face unexpected events in
> trading and or life. Let's say you have
> - a $100.000 account to live off
> - a 100% return yearly
> - $80.000 in living, tax and trading expenses yearly
>
> If you are trading constant size, you'll move only very slowly over the
> years out of your undercapitalized status.
> If you are trading with a view to increase along the way, it may still take
> some time, but you will indeed take off.

Gwenn:

I think you mis-understood what I meant about trading constant size. I
don't advocat trading constant size. I trade equivalent risk and the
size that each account would trade grows as the account grows. The
term constant comes in when you look at risk per $amount in the
account and see that for each trade, across each market, you are
taking a similar amount of risk, hence the name, equivalent risk.

As for taking out money, I religiously take out money from my trading
accounts. I do slowly let me account size grow, that is I do leave
some of my profits in my accounts, but I don't want my account size to
grow geometrically because that really alters the nature of the
trading style and associated risk.

Tim Morge