Re: Fw: ROC indicators

>Subject: Re: Fw: ROC indicators
Randy,

I have been following with interest your enthusiastic pursuit of the 3
ROC system. I tried them out on Indian stocks and also found them to be
working quite well. I have the following suggestions to make:

1. Pring has carried this concept one step forward into his KST
indicator. I overlaid the KST (7-14-20-40) and found the results i.e.
turning points, to be almost the same. Owing to the smoothing perhaps,
the KST may be a trifle late ? I do not have system testing software
with me so perhaps you could test the reruns of the 3 Roc ssystem over a
Kst system and check the results and let us know ?

2. I was wondering if we can also construct a KST using only three of
the ROC (eg.7-14-20) with or without the weightage as suggested by Pring
and see whether the results vary from using the system as you are doing
now. This might give us some clue about how summing helps or retrads the
signals. My software does not accept a three ROC parameter setting for
the KST- perhaps you could try in MetaStock or Tradestation etc.

Thanks.

Dr.C.K.Narayan
Bomaby, India.