PSYCH: Fish Smelling

Hi,

This email is intended to be mildly provocative - to help you get in touch
with your underlying (trading) motivation(s).

Why do you feel a need to publish market opinions on the email server?

Do you imagine there is ONE other trader with a similar framework:

  -    an interest in the same market,

  -    with the self-same time-frame,

  -    using an equivalent approach,

  -    in like size,

  -    with identical equity,

  -    with similar risk aversion,

  -    same existing positions,

  -    comparable margin limits,

  -    using like trading vehicles,

  -    ...

So why do you publish market opinions on the email server?   To help you
find an answer I append some (incomplete) multiple choice answers:

  -  looking for reinforcement of your opinion from someone with a
dissimilar
     framework!,

  -  looking for counter arguments to allow yourself to be dissuaded,

  -  looking for excuse not to have a system or not to follow your system,

  -  ego boost,

  -  ego deflation,

  -  unable to distinguish methodology and trading system type from a market
     view.

If the intention is to educate (which I applaud), then how much better to
teach us how to (you) fish then to allow us to briefly smell one fish you
just caught!

Regards, Ric.

P.S. Thanks for all the encouraging responses.