Re: FUT: S&P system signals

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: FUT: S&P system signals
  • From: Gwenn Ael Gautier <Gw.Gautier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 07:31:24 -0800 (PST)

Troy Kelley wrote:

> Traders,
>
> Inclosed is a chart of my S&P system. The signals are for the S&P cash,
> since the cash is less volital, the system seems to generate better
> signals on the cash. You experienced S&P traders, let me know what you
> think, as in - "looks good", or, "getting in at the wrong time and at-
> the-market trades will kill you" or "Don't bother with it".
>
> I would appreciate any responses.
>
> Troy

S&P cash trading system testing is always great. But you can't trade that, so
it is useless trying to devise systems there. On your chart, it seems you get
a close to perfect hit, don't get carried away. Test on futures, and go from
there, the rest is only utopia, and will actually destabilize you, as it will
put the barrier too high to achieve in reality and break your confidence.

Good quest,

Gwenn