Re: Forbes / William Green and Ken Roberts

-----Original Message-----
From: Bbbazusa <Bbbazusa@xxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 7:58 PM
Subject: GEN: Forbes / William Green and Ken Roberts

>I met William Green in North Carolina at a Van Tharp seminar in spring of
>1997.
>
>He is English, works for Forbes and knows nothing about Commodities.
>I suggested he do an article on Ken Roberts, that he actually visit the
guy,
>meet some of the people who trade his method and write an article. I
>SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TO ASK KEN WHY HE IS HATED BY SO MANY?
>
>At that seminar I met a full time trader who on position trades uses the
>channel breakout method he learned from Ken Roberts. Not that any of these
>techniques are original. He felt it was a good technique.
>
>Ken Roberts has said two things, and I have actually met the guy, that I
have
>never forgotten.
>
>1.  Most of the people who write articles for Money Magazine have never
owned
>a mutual fund account.
>
>2.  "They don't know (ie. the experts) what you think they know."
>
>My suspicion is that Ken has been trashed again by someone who has not
really
>done his homework - yet again.
>
>Edgar

Hey Edgar
    >Give me a break.  This guy is probably the biggest promoter of all of
these scam artists. And the person who authors the article does not need to
own a mutal fund. That is a ridiculous statement (You don't need to cheat on
your wife to know what Bill Clinton is doing).    All the author knows is
that this guy's methods are pure hype.
     But, good for Ken; he's making more money than I am. But that still
does not make him legit.
     I would not waste my dollars on his systems, but I have yet to hear one
person say that Roberts
courses, books, etc are of any value at all.  Not one person!!!
    I have never taken his course.  This is my opinion based solely on what
I have heard over the years about him.
jdfo@xxxxxxxxx