GEN: Forbes / William Green and Ken Roberts

I met William Green in North Carolina at a Van Tharp seminar in spring of
1997.

He is English, works for Forbes and knows nothing about Commodities.
I suggested he do an article on Ken Roberts, that he actually visit the guy,
meet some of the people who trade his method and write an article. I
SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM TO ASK KEN WHY HE IS HATED BY SO MANY?

At that seminar I met a full time trader who on position trades uses the
channel breakout method he learned from Ken Roberts. Not that any of these
techniques are original. He felt it was a good technique.

Ken Roberts has said two things, and I have actually met the guy, that I have
never forgotten.

1.  Most of the people who write articles for Money Magazine have never owned
a mutual fund account.

2.  "They don't know (ie. the experts) what you think they know."

My suspicion is that Ken has been trashed again by someone who has not really
done his homework - yet again.

Edgar