Re: Promoters

Good post, Patrick -- I don't see any flaw in your reasoning.

I currently subscribe to Steve Briese's "Bullish Review" newsletter.
One of the things I like about him is that he candidly admits that one
of the goals of publishing the newsletter was for it to pay for his
basic living expenses so there would be no pressure to live off of his
trading.  I suspect that many other newsletter authors write for similar
reasons.

These trading "gurus" may not be selling us their best methods or
"walking the talk" 100%.  However, the reality for a beginning trader is
to either purchase their books, video tapes, seminars, etc., or face a
very steep learning curve.  Like many of you, I have purchased software
and books that are collecting dust on my shelves.  Hopefully, objective
reviews presented here at RealTraders will help us select the more
useful trading materials for sale out there.

Brad Dingee