Re: Fwd: Trading Psychology

I am just beginning to go through all the wonderful posts on Psychology.
And I must say as far as I can tell no one has digressed to personal
attacks. Hey I'm impressed.

There has been this thread about beliefs, thinking and perceptions and
what constitutes reality. Not to delve to deeply into this I will give
an example and let you abstract out the analogy to the market.

How each one of handles pressure effects our reality. So you can create
(effect) your own reality based upon the type of pressure you can handle
verses how much pressure your opponent dishes out and can handle. The
opponent might be a teacher, a spouse, a golf buddy, or even the market.
For example, your teacher hands out a ton of homework. You are under a
great deal of pressure to get it finished. You finish the work and the
pressure is now on the teacher to grade the home work. Let's say this
process continues over time. If the teacher can't keep up the teacher
reduces the work load for the students. If you can't keep up, your
grades suffer. But you can create (or effect) your own reality in the
classroom by being able to judge the teachers ability to handle their
pressure.

In some sense this is also true in the market. At what point does the
market take profits after a run up in price. That is a pressure, called
selling pressure. Same holds true for buying pressure. How we handle the
pressure we put on ourselves by our trading systems, effects how we
handle the pressure that the market places on us. As well as the
pressure the market can handle in and of itself.

I hope you can take the rest of the idea and run with it yourself.

Harley