Re: Trading Psychology

Hi  Gerry

----------
> From: JER3CUBE@xxxxxxx
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Trading Psychology
> Date: Saturday, January 31, 1998 2:34 AM
>
> In a message dated 1/30/98 1:15:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ramon@xxxxxxxxx
> writes:
>

> If you BELIEVE something...it is true, ipso facto...just because that is
what
> you "believe".

Now we'll be getting into an issue that has been around since Plato and
Aristotle i.e. the nature of reality.

Placing it within this context, the issue can be summarized as follows:

Does my belief create my own reality? In other words is there objective
reality?

I believe there is - but my perception of it may be distorted because of
my psychological filters. As a rational human being, and trader, my job is
to perceive reality as accurately as possible.

Thus when I say "I believe" it is a shorthand way of saying "based on my
experience and knowledge, my perception of reality is...."

> Note: when talking about "beliefs" you are no longer talking about
psychology.

We'll have to disagree on that. For me, belief systems are a critical
component
of psychology.

> The question then becomes.....Is "the belief" valid?   Where does it come
> from?  Does it serve me well to be ruled by "fear and greed"?

In asking the above, are you not asking the same thing I am but in a
different
form? e.g.  is a "valid belief" one that accords with reality? etc

regards

ray

R Barros
101/25 Market Street