Re: GEN PSYCHOLOGY

Hi Charles

Sorry Charles I can't agree.  Indeed I believe one of the major
reasons traders fail has its origin on "subjective reality". This is why
I took issue with  Gerry and Norm.

At the end of the day it is how closely our beliefs accord with
reality that determines our long term success as traders.

Let's say I determine that a certain date will be a major turning
point - that's perception - my belief.

What the market does - that's reality. No matter what I believe,
unless I act in accordance to that reality, ultimately I will fail as
a trader.

It is true a trader needs empowering beliefs to succeed

e.g.

unless a trader believes enough in himself to  place an order,
he'll never be a successful trader - no order no trade.

One aspect of  reality in this instance is that the "beliefs influence
on my actions" - this is an aspect of the reality of being human -
this  is very different to saying that beliefs are reality