Re: Importing ASCII data into TradeStation

The best way I know to analyze COT is to get COT index from Pinnacle and
get the article on how to use the index by Steve Briese which is
probably also available from pinnacle.  You can look at a graph of the
COT index over a period of time.  I believe the graphical approach is
best.  It is like John Murphy says, visual analysis (as opposed to
technical analysis). I just visited the steve briese site and did not
see the cot index. There is also a nice COT index already done on a web
site that you pay 5 bucks a month for. It is at
http://www.orc.ca/~blees/futures.htm  You call on the phone a 900 number
and they give you the password.

Paul Cote