Re: BMI vs CQG

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Hutchison <jghutchison@xxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 2:54 AM
Subject: BMI vs CQG

>I day trade and have access to BMI which serves my TradeStation software,
>PCQuote via satalite feed, and a direct TI line to NASDAQ.
>
>It is not unusual for the BMI signal to lag the PCQuote data and the TI
>line signal by as much as ten minutes.  This lag frequently occurs on
>market open and gradually catches up.  It is interesting since both BMI and
>PCQuote signals are broadcast by the same Galaxy 4 satalite.
>
>If you use the BMI data feed under these conditions to day trade using
>market orders, you are trading in what I call the black hole,  e.g.
>shooting in the dark.
>
>Be forewarned.
>
>I'd be interested to hear what other traders experiences have been with BMI
>and other data vendors.
>

>Jack Hutchison

Hey Jack:
>I  daytraded with BMI S&P  data and Trade Station  and would listen via the
telephone to my broker as he was placing my order.  He had a direct line to
the floor. My BMI quotes were exactly the same as my broker was hearing from
the floor and my fills, for the most part, were excellent.  Every once in a
while the BMI price on my screen  would lag by a few seconds, usually in a
fast moving environment, but I never had any real problems.
    Signal is another story, however.  But BMI, no problem.
Regards,
jdfo@xxxxxxxxx