More of English is a funny language

1. Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
2. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
3. Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
4. Why are panties plural and brassiere singular?
5. Why do your noses run and our feet smell?
6. Why is it that when you transport something by car its called a
shipment, but when you transport something by ship it's called cargo?
7. Why do we play in recitals and recite in plays?

And, of course, the coup de grace:

8. Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Finally from Ray Raffurty:

>Have you ever tried to buy just one of a pair of pants?

"No, but I just got to buy a CD single with 2 songs on it..."

Happy relaxing!

Gwenn