Re: FUTR--S&P Intraday

In a message dated 98-01-05 10:35:32 EST, eric3@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I certainly won't condemn you to failure as Pete did since we don't know
> your "system" or talent as a trader.  Using the SP plus Prem is fairly
accurate ,
> but, IMHO, not enough so if you plan to do "serious" day trading.  A couple
> hundred a  month is nothing (slippage on 1 trade) if you plan to day trade
Spoos, > > and also you'll get to watch Bonds real time too.

Eric and Dick

            Let me amend what I said.   If you trade an approach like Gary
Smith (please don't anyone ask me for details),  then it would probably work.
However if you are going to trade off of anything like 5 minute bars or less,
I stand by my statement.  Watching real time long enough its clear there is
often a 5 min lag in cash signals vs spoos signals.  Combine that with the
fewer cash and even fewer prem ticks and I think the real time data will start
to look cheap.

           Eric just to correct one thing.  If you turn on CME realtime, you
will have the Spoos and mini, but not real time bonds.   If you also want the
Dow Contract real time you have to turn on the CBOT which is around an
additional $60/month.  Then you do indeed get the bonds realtime also.

                                             Pete