Re: DAY - Block Trading, Day Trading firms...

Bruce Russell wrote:

> Any one have any experience with Block Trading, which is opening Day Trading
> offices all over the country, or other such firms?  I'd be interested in
> your impressions as Block is opening an office locally.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I've been checking into a lot these types of companies, that are out
there.  There are a few things you might want to check like are they a
limited partnership?  Some of these SOES trading places want to place a
number of trades you do a month.  About 175 a month, with the comm.
about $19. If you trade in there offices.  Now if you trade at home and
don't do 175 or so trades a month get ready to pay a fee of $500.  Some
require you open an account with $50,000 or 25,000.  One wants you to go
to Atlanta GA and sit in there training classes for free but you have to
buy the software.  Watch out for ones that charge low comm. like $10 but
if you cancell an order you will have to pay a fee.
A lot of them want you to go to there training classes, which is really
a lot of money like $5,000 to $1,700.  And from what I have heard from
other traders is you don't learn how to trade like they say, you just
learn how to use there software.

You can go to www.yahoo.com and type in SOES.  A few of these companies
will show up. To find out about fees and services you will have to
call.  You can go to Mondays Investors Business Daily and on page A21
there are a few there.

On Monday I'm going to LandMark Securities Corp, to open an account.
They were real nice, they let me sit at a terminal and paper trade.  So
I could get use to the software.  They also have Bloomberg news. And I
didn't give them any money.  Now I didn't get any paperwork yet.  So
I'll know everything on Monday.  Also if someone else loses on a trade
it doesn't affect me.

Good Luck
Joe Frabosilio