Trading is Never Boring!

Realtraders,There was a few e-mails circulating
around the forum last week with regard to trading
being boring.

I closed a short position Wed.(OEXXN) for which I
lost exactly $500.00 with commission.  I entered the
trade on Dec 1 with an OEX print around 470.  The
option churned around, got ugly, and finally
recovered with this weeks minor decline.

I deleted all of the "Trading is Boring" threads
mainly because I couldn't understand how trading
could possibly be boring.

After closing my trade, for which I considered a
victory, I couldn't help but think trading can never
be boring.

I did not originate any of the thoughts below I have,
however, adopted them as my own.

My trading is an extension of my personality, belief
system, values, hopes, fears, and ambitions.  The
structure of my trading business is in short, my
self-portrait, my autobiography, my signature.

Furthermore, trading offers the battleground for the
ultimate test of self control, self discipline and
wisdom.  You can not consistently win in the markets
unless you have mastered your own human nature.

Trading exposes your every weakness both to yourself
and to others who may be watching.

You will be successful in so far as you can master
wisdom and learn to cooperate with the markets you
trade.  You must learn to be an active observer,
develop market sense, be tuned in, and capture the
rhythm and the personalitry of the markets.

With all of that, I ask:  How can trading ever
beboring?

Trading creates a situation that risks absolute
failure for the potential of absolute success.

For me, anybody who charaterizes trading as boring
probably doesn't actually trade.

Prodesse Quam Conspici

John Chamberlin

===

Life is what happens to you when you're making other
plans.
--Betty Talmadge