Re: ADMIN: Is your ISP changing phone numbers?

Realtraders (and Friends),

  I have received some interesting comments and questions regarding my
earlier post detailing my experience with my ISP and the Phone company.
Based on those replies, I thought I would add just a few more bits of
information which may help clear up the issue.

  I was asked by several RT'ers, "didn't you realize that you had to dial
"1" before the number, to get connected"?  Answer: In my area of the
country (Maryland, USA), we now need to dial the area code even if we want
to call our neighbor across the street.  So, by default, I had the "1"
automatically enabled in my connection process.

  Second question: "Didn't your ISP inform you that this new number could
result in a long-distant charge"?  Answer:  Actually, they did but it was
in the 'fine print' near the bottom of the message.  Thus it was my
oversight!  I just took notice of the number and the fact that they were
NOT changing physical server locations and I ASSUMED it was still a local
call.  I guess this is one of those instances in which my ASSumption made
an "ASS out of ME".

  Finally, several have asked about my contract with my ISP and its LOCAL
service.  Answer:  Actually, I live in the middle of 2 server locations.
Both of which WERE local, however, I always seemed to connect at a slightly
higher speed (28.8 vs 26.6) thus I was using the faster line.  It was this
faster line that changed its phone number.  So, to make a long story short,
I still have a LOCAL connection at this time but that didn't do me any good
last month.

Thanks for your comments,
John Boggio

Thanks,
John

RealTrader's HomePage
http://www.RealTraders.com
during those periods.  Thanks (See below)