RE: 2% Rule

I successfully position trade an IRA account using a short term trading
strategy that I consider to be very conservative, and simultaneously
aggressive.

Most of the time the account is in money market.  When I find a qualifying
trade set-up I will often commit 25 - 50 percent of my equity to a position
and watch it very closely.  If the trade does not immediately fullfill my
expectations and move in my direction ( by that I mean within two trading
sessions), I exit.

On occasion I will be 100% committed to no more that five positions.

I don't avoid the nasty selloffs.  I love them.  I go long OEX puts, cover
at support, and load the boat on long set ups of the Fallen Angels.

Note that this is a trading strategy.  I think the 2% rule is for investors
who don't follow their trades closely.

Good Trading,

Jack Hutchison