Re: 2% Rule

Ivan.....the instructor recommends only using about 10% of your
investment portfolio for speculative stock trades .....

What is a speculative stock??????  IBM goes from 180 to 40 and back over a
period of ten years....Phillip Morris???? Merck?????(look at their ten year
charts for some nice round trips)......

I think you will find that most "experts" who have been watching these
markets for all of ten years define a "speculative" stock as one that
has had a correction of over 30% and a "safe" stock as one that has not
corrected much over their "watch".........

"scalped".....what is scalped????  If I put in an order to 100 shares at
$5.00(a $500.00 trade) and get filled at $5.00...how is that scalped?????
If you don't want to get "scalped"..put in a limit order...last I
checked...the floor brokers don't screw you less if your order is larger.

Sounds like you have a "teacher" whose investment experience
consists of reading the Beardstown Ladies Investment Club Book.(that was a
mean comment....I don't intend to slam, but I believe the number of experts
that we now have on stock trading exceeds the number of participants in the
stock market itself...this might be evidence enough that the top is in for
many years to come)

Ivan...I commend you for not taking your "teacher" at face value
and doing your own research...that is step #1 to becoming successful.

Tom Stein
comfut@xxxxxxx