Re: MKT: Trendy Neural Net

Allan,
I thought this looked interesting enough to check out so I went to your
web site and was a little dismayed to find that all this trading is
simulated.  No real time trading is done.  The following quote from your
site is what disturbed me.

"It is assumed that the price available at 10pm using GLOBEX is, on
average, the same as the 4:15p EST close of the regular session.
On the other end, the GLOBEX Position simulation exits trades in
one of two ways. The trade can be liquidated intraday if the Protection
STOP is hit, but more commonly it is closed out in the evening of a
day when the model issues an opposing signal or a signal to go flat.
Trades closed out in the evening are also hypothetically liquidated
using GLOBEX."

How can you assume that the price you are getting at 10 pm is the same
as the price was at 4:15 (entries) or the same as the next day;s open
(exits).  We all see the S&P moves a few points almost every night and
alot more than that sometimes.  Unless I am reading this wrong, this
seems to be a major assumption that throws you hypothetical results into
question.  Surely you could afford to trade a mini to get an actual real
time track record. No??

I also wonder if you could give us a quick rundown of why your neural
net is different from others.  Neural nets seem to have been a fad that
has fizzled.  A couple of years ago, they were all the rage and now I
think the "general" opinion of them is that they don't work in trading.
Thoughts?
Eric