Re: Some Observations

RAS wrote <"In my opinion the E-Mini is a suckers game. In order to get
filled you have to get the bid\offer off the Globex terminal and give up 25
or 50 pts, which takes too long. And of course the commission will eat you
alive. For most brokers this contract is a dream come true, a commission
machine with a low multiple so the market won't hurt them too much.">

I would certainly have to disagree with the above statement.......
I look at the mini es as I would any other market...ie:Should we stop
trading the grains because 1cent move is $50.00?????Should we stop trading
Cocoa because it takes a few ticks to make up commission????  IF you're
trying to trade the es for a 1.50 point move then ,of course, you would be
silly....IF you're trading Soybeans for a 1.5 cent move...you would ,also be
silly(unless you're on the floor).......

When deciding which markets to trade, I have always found it advantagous to
consider dollar amounts of volatility, which in turn helps me to obtain a
proper outlook as to what type of trading approach has the possibility of
extracting money from that market.

Tom Stein
comfut@xxxxxxx