Re: Some Observations

At 08:48 AM 11/7/97 -0700, Advantage Trading Group wrote: Over the last month or two every public S&P system I have seen has blown up. It is amazing to me that people really believe they can buy a system flaunting outrageous hypothetical returns and make $ with it.
Sorry, can't resist: my "public" neural net system, Trendy was short going into both October 27 and today. Also think a lot of the Elliott folks were short on these occasions and some simple oscillator-based systems should also have been short (% change X Volume and 4 day stochastics to name two). Maybe you should broaden your S&P System exposure.
In my opinion the E-Mini is a suckers game.
I've been trading the neural net signals with the E-mini and am quite satisfied; entries/exits in Globex have been OK, not great, but good enough.
In order to get filled you have to get the bid\offer off the Globex terminal and give up 25 or 50 pts, which takes too long.
My broker has some discretion in getting me into these trades and he is doing a stellar job.
Finally, I was appalled at the amount of propaganda being spewed by CNBC during the crash.
Agree with the propaganda analysis; insipid commentary directed toward the brain-dead; but, I'm not appalled at all, have gotten quite used to it and am certainly glad to have CNBC around, if just for the ticker.
Allan P. Harris http://www.TrendySystems.com
ps: Offer to post the Trendy signals here was turned down by the Moderators.