ADMIN: RealTraders What Works? The Guide No Vendor Wants You to Read, Part III

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ADMIN: RealTraders What Works? The Guide No Vendor Wants You to Read, Part III
  • From: Eddie Kwong <ekthree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:53:05 -0800 (PST)

After reading this, please email your articles and ideas to me at:
WhatWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You email on this topic sent to any other address will be ignored.

RealTraders:

I would like to thank those who have responded so far. In addition to
articles about how to evaluate systems, software, and other
trading-oriented products, we would also like you to send us your own
personal experiences, both good and bad, with different vendors.

Tell us:

1)  The contrast between actual results and hypothetical results stated in
2)  The way you were treated by representatives of the vendor.
3)  Your own role and responsibility in the success or failure of a system.
4)  The percentage of products you have purchased that perform as expected.
5)  Whether you have found that the cost of a product is proportional to
its usefulness.
6)  How easy or difficult it was to get your money back if you were
dissatisfied with a product.
7)  What would make you trust someone in the future.

There is no need to mention specific names of vendors as they will not be
used in the final publication. Your experiences will be used primarily for
educational experiences.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Eddie Kwong