RE: GETTING EXECUTED

RealTraders:
	I agree, getting through to Schwab was a disaster this morning.  At 0935AM
(EST), I decided to pull the trigger and go long with ESV and CSCO.  I
watched CSCO run up to 76+ by 10:15 or so (didn't note the exact time)
while diddling with the phone.  They answered the 800 number, and then
kicked me off with a busy signal whenever I hit "button 2"  to transfer to
the trading desk.  I have institutional rates with them.  I think maybe I
should have checked previously to see if they had a special number, but I
never had a problem before.  I finally got through by reaching their "help"
desk shortly after 10AM.
	Bill Griffeth on CNBC was repeatedly mentioning the phone line problem and
interviewing some people about it, so I sent him the following two EMails.
Most of the discount houses seem to be in denial about the problem.   I
will print out the EMails and mail them in an envelope to Schwab Customer
Service.
	A very sorry show, and it cost money!  For someone trying to cover a
leveraged short position it could have been truly catastrophic!  Maybe I
should have called before the open and gone in "blind" at the market.  I
may be fearless, but even that is a bit much for me.
	Send your complaints to Bill and let him hammer the discount houses.
(Copies of my msgs follow):
Regards,
Nick

1st message:
TO: "Bill Griffeth" <squawk@xxxxxxxx>
Subject:  PHONES TO SCHWAB A DISASTER TODAY

BILL:
	Schwab's trading desks gave busy signals from 0935 (EST) until after 10:00
this morning.  Attempted to place order to buy CSCO at 0935 and could not
reach a trader until CSCO ran up to 76 1/2.  Was hoping to buy at the 71
level after the opening.  The 1(800)435-4000 number answered, but would
kick me off the "button 2" (to place an order option).
	In essence, it was impossible to place a trade with Schwab for over 30
minutes.

For all practical purposes, Schwab was out of business this morning!
2nd Message: SUBJ: SCHWAB STILL OUT OF BUSINESS:
BILL:
	Schwab's trading desks continue gave busy signals 12:28PM(EST).  The
1(800)435-4000 number will answer, but would kick me off the "selections"
for quotes, placing orders, customer service, etc.  give busy signals
	Schwab is still out of business!

Nick Pishvanov