RE: Stock Traders Forum

DON:

 You wrote:
	<But in the same way, I don't want to corrupt the basic
technical theme of this forum, since I am really use very little technical
data to trade.>

	Your comments and observations have been immensely useful to me.  I would
hate to see you leave this forum.   It is not my intent to denigrate
RealTraders, but if you do find a more suitable "stock traders" forum,
please let us know.  I, for one, would like to augment the RealTraders
learning process.

	  There is an expression that may apply to you: "You know more than you
know".  After following your messages, I feel you have a technical approach
based on intuition and hard-won experience.  Looking over your shoulder, I
learn and benefit  more from your methodology than you can imagine.  It is
not something you can quantify with "technical data".  Don't sell yourself
short!

	My investment experience and current activity is stocks. Period.  I manage
my own IRA Rollover derived from a 401K at Hutton the merged
Hutton/Shearson firms. Activity in options and index-options is severely
limited in this ERISA account.  I had 20 years' stock experience when I was
a fighter-pilot in the Air Force, and then 10 years with Hutton as a
"Hutton Portfolio Manager" (discretionary fee-based portfolio management)
while serving as a regional sales director (Mutual Funds).  I don't want to
bore you with details, but I did chafe a bit under the "Modern Portfolio
Theory" sector-balanced approach.  Other than that I was extremely happy
with Hutton.  Our corporate culture was destroyed by the merger, and after
a couple of years I decided to retire, where I am just responsible for
myself.  What freedom!

	Although I participated in the markets of the 1950's, 60's and on up to
the 90's, I felt that my weak point was in pure trading skills. (Especially
in the markets of the '90s).   My stock-picking and sector selection was
fine, but I still had a lot to learn about trading.  I have used charts and
fundamentals for years, but a misapplied aggressive fighter-pilot approach
can lead to trouble!

	Consequently, I learned a great deal from RealTraders.  Based on my known
limitations and personal/mental characterstics, I learned what would not
work for me and I learned what would work best for me.  I don't trade
commodities, but, (for me) ,  many commodity trading techniques and
methodologies have practical applications.  Many RealTraders are very
generous with their excellent advice.  I am very grateful for  the time
they spend  to help, educate and enlighten their fellow members.   I
believe you are included in this generous group of traders.

	After some 40 years' experience, I am still learning.  Many of my own
purely intuitive techniques have been reinforced and refined with the help
of RealTraders.  I shows in my bottom-line results.

	My thanks to all, and to you, Don.

Best regards,
Nick