Re: STOCK- INTC

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: STOCK- INTC
  • From: rmac@xxxxxxxx (Ronald McEwan)
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:23:39 -0700 (PDT)

BobR wrote:
So does this mean BMI broadcasts instinet quotes.  I need to look into
this.
Bob , I do not think bmi will give you instinet quotes directly. What you
are seeing is a result of the new regulations that require national best
bids and best offers on ecn's to be displayed on nasdaq. Right now the
only authorized ecn's that I know of are Instinent, Island Trading
(Datek) and Bloomberg. The outfits that have access to these pre 9:30
sessions have a HUGE advantage over the guys that have to wait until 9:30
to get in.  You have to wonder to whose advantage it was for Intel to
report after the close of regular trading hours, when only market makers
and  firms with access to the ecn's would be able to react to the report.

Ron McEwan

ECN = Electronic communications network