Re: GEN - Zen in the Markets, a book, read it?

Hi Lewis
----------
> From: Lewis Dozier <bld@xxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: GEN - Zen in the Markets, a book, read it?
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 9:34 AM
>
> Gentlemen:
>
> I wonder if any of your subscribers have read Zen In The Markets?  If
> so, have developed any success for just flowing with it.

I've read the book.

> I do struggle,
> but I am convinced that this little inexpensive book provides the
> simplest most elegant explanation of the markets that I have ever
> found.  I wonder if any of your correspondents have any comments?

I think the best way to answer is to say that I believe there are three
stages in the development of a trader:

1	the rule based:  a left brain learning process where we
	follow our trading plan rules without deviation.

2	the subjective phase: a combination of left and right brain.
	Usually a trader refuses to take a trade or exits a trade
	in contravention of his rules.

3	the intuitive phase: predominantly a right brain operation
	where trades are taken etc on a trader's feel.

I believe that Zen in Mkts advocates a stage 3 approach. Problem with
that is unless you have acquired the lessons of the first stages,
intuition often becomes "into wishing". What I am saying is we
need to experience making consistent profits before an approach
like Zen will work for the majority of traders.

regards

ray

R Barros
101/25 Market Street