GEN - Zen in the Markets, a book, read it?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: GEN - Zen in the Markets, a book, read it?
  • From: Lewis Dozier <bld@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gentlemen:

I noticed your web site and I joined earlier today.

I have traded the S&P since April, 1982.  Over the years, I have
struggled.  I have made some little money and have basically not lost
any.  Since January of this year, I have struggled all year.  I would
get my account up a little then lose it back.  Up and down like a
yo-yo.  During my years of trading I have purchased and read about
everything out there.  I have spent many tens of thousand of dollars on
systems and "holy grail" methods.  I have studied Gann, Elliott,
Wyckoff, Ralph Dystant (father of Stochastics - not Mr. Lane) and many
others.

The best material on the markets that I ever found was also the least
expensive.  It is Eddie Toppel's book "ZEN IN THE MARKETS - Confessions
of a Samurai Trader."  If any of your subscribers are interested in it,
you can order it from the author direct at www.samuraitrader.com.  The
cost
is around $20.00 plus small charge for shipping and handling.

The problem that I have is that I have studied the markets for so long
and acquired all this market knowledge and therefore feel that I have to
use it.  So I struggle trying to project dates and price objectives,
while Eddie Toppel's book says that you simply lose yourself and go with
the flow of the market based on what it is doing right now.  So simple -
yet for me so hard!

I wonder if any of your subscribers have read Zen In The Markets?  If
so, have developed any success for just flowing with it.  I do struggle,
but I am convinced that this little inexpensive book provides the
simplest most elegant explanation of the markets that I have ever
found.  I wonder if any of your correspondents have any comments?  I am
a new subscriber and I have no financial interest in that book or any
other, but I certainly am interested in any comments from anyone who has
read the book.

Sincerely,

Lewis Dozier
bld@xxxxxxx