Request for help using AOL with MSIE

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Request for help using AOL with MSIE
  • From: JGBENkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

Since this question was answered a few weeks ago on this forum, I am asking
it again.  Should have kept response.  Shame on me. The Chicago Mercantile
Exchange (CME)  requires MSIE with Authenticode 2.0 for real time quotes. I
down loaded this MSIE browser from their web site.  The CME stated that MSIE
would work as a browser from within AOL, but I cannot get it to do so.  When
I am in AOL and try to start the MSIE browser it states "Internet Explorer
cannot open the Internet Site http://www.microsoft.com/ .  An unexpected
error has occurred. Restart Internet Explorer and then try again.    I tried
a number of URLs and keep getting the same kind of reply. I bought an AOL
book but it said very little about how to run the Internet Explorer from
within AOL. The book seemed to imply it was very easy, but I cannot get it to
work.  How do I do this.  Very frustrated.  Please Help.

I appreciate this forum and realize this is not the place for this question,
but AOL and Microsoft do not repsond.  You help would be appreciated.