Re: GEN: boats

> If not, I'm sure it's possible to set up monitors with satellite
> transmitted real-time data anywhere, you'll need a powerful generator
> for the electricity used though.
> Happy trading.

You can not track a satellite while a boat is at sea, even with
reasonably sophisticated gimballing. You could sit the receiving dish
on a dock, however. I have a friend who motors about with a KU band
satellite dish which he sets on whatever dock the boat is moored to
in order to watch the evening tv programming.

Ocean liners and cruise ships often have satellite tracking devices,
but they are wildly expensive and, of course, an liner rolls quite a
bit less than a boat.

You could use FM sideband (such as DBC Signal) as long as the boat is
within range of the FM signal.

JFB
Shaven Heads Trading
NYC