Re: Data for SC

At 06:04 PM 10/8/97 -0500, you wrote:

>At 08:24 AM 10/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Yes, Dial Data is a higher priced data source for end of day data.
>> However, they claim to have very accurate data.
>
>I have used Dial Data for three years now for futures data and have found
>their accuracy to be rather poor. It seems like one or two days a week, all
>the New York energy contracts will show fly speck size ranges and when I
>double check, sure enough Dial Data is wrong, although the closing prices
>always seem to be correct.  The reason I continue to use Dial Data is that
>I think they are reasonably priced ($25/month for all futures and future
>options end of day internet). More importantly I really utilize the
>composite feature in Supercharts for analyzing spreads and the omega
>downloader only supports Dial Data. I just read with interest the write-up
>in the Oct TASC about CSIs Unfair Advantage. Apparently they have ten
>employees whose sole job is to check the data for accuracy. Would like to
>hear from someone who is using it.
>
>Rod Smith

Rod, I use SuperCharts and a number of other programs that require the same
data for analysis.  I never have used DD.  I use BMI  satellite data
manipulated by LiveWire and I also get data from Pinnacle ($12 mo.) for
continuing contracts.

Consider Practicing Random Kindness
(Read RAK's in Reader's Digest May 1992)
Roy C. Sampley
rsampley@xxxxxxxxx