Re: GEN: clarifying the HTLT indicator

Ron,
For a number of years I have used something similar.

I compute the average of the Highest High and Lowest
Low ( (hh+ll)/2 ) and compare that against the close.
I also use the high and low for the day in question.

A simple system calls to execute trade at next open either
long or short (basically a SAR system).

I have added a dollar money management stop for days
AFTER the date of entry.

I am attaching a  TS/SC   .ela   file for those who have
an interest.

OEX Option traders should pay close attention.

Clyde Lee

Ronald McEwan wrote:

> The HTLT indicator is constructed by plotting the Extreme high and low
> for
>
> I used the following formula in excel to calculate the HTLT:
>
> =MEDIAN(MAX(Hi Today : Hi 10days ago),MIN(Lo Today : Lo 10days ago)
>
> Plot this along with the close. I think this is what BG is saying in this

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Hhllaveg.ela"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\vcard65.vcf"