Re: Datek

In my opinion, do not sign up with any Internet discount broker that does not
also have a "direct dial" line into their computer system.  Most charge a
little extra for this but when you can't get through on the Internet and we
all know that the phone is useless with these guys - use the direct dial
line.  E*Trade charges 27 cents per minute but gives you 12 free minutes with
every trade.  E*Trade is not my favorite broker but I have stayed with them
largely because I can always get through on the direct dial line and place a
trade.  A typical trade takes me about 3 minutes and I can check my stocks in
2 or 3 minutes.

Norm