Re: Friday's T-Bond LDB

Hi Chris

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 02:23:23 -0500  Chris Lober wrote:

>I would be interested in opinions regarding the LDB data, and more
>specifically; the participant %'s.  Is there too much noise in the CTI
>1,2,3,4 data to be of any use, or is it just a matter of research and
>observation to be able to derive clues.  The LDB data has always been
>overlooked and somewhat obscure to most, but would logically  seem to be
>helpful.  Also, does anyone use the intra-day releases.

Like most trading tools, I suspect that LDB is probably used differently
by different traders.

I use it to monitor the activities of the commercials. I have worked out
the mean and standard deviation of their activity at the extremes of
the profiles. I am interested in this figure because as a rule commercials
are responsive partcipants ie the sell highs and buy lows. As long as their
activity is within "normal" bounds, I learn have little info. However if
the activity is below "normal" parameters then I am given some very useful
info.

eg

Let's say you expect the 113'00 to 114'00 area in the USZ7 to hold. You notice
that the extreme has below "normal" commercial activity. This is a strong indication that the resistance zone will give way.

I do use the intra-day releases.

regards

ray

-------------------------------------