Re: Re[4]: Ergonomics, or what to do with those TS manuals...

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re[4]: Ergonomics, or what to do with those TS manuals...
  • From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:13:05 -0600

> For old timers like me who wear progressive lenses (or bifocals), we
> have to look through the lower part of the lens for close work.  So
> raising the monitor might cause bigger problems.  Raising the
> monitor sounds like a good idea though for people with younger eyes.

Not just younger people.  You souldn't be reading the monitor
through your bifocals.  That will result in straining your eye
muscles and/or craning your neck back.  If you're spending hours
at the computer, you need computer glasses:  glasses that focus
at the distance you normally sit from the monitor, through the
center of the lenses.  That way you can look normally through the
lenses with the proper focus.