Re: TS 8.0 has a problem opening workspaces

If it takes over a minute or two, something is wrong. I have lots of complex workspaces and it rarely takes more than a minute except just after the market opens in the morning.

Occasionally, during the day, they seem to refresh something and it seems to take forever to recover. If this happens, just close the workspace (or the desktop) and reopen it.

More RAM helps. I did not understand your RAM size but 512 MB is the minimum (and is what I have).

They told me that it is better to limit the number of charts in any one workspace to a few (perhaps under 10). It is a lot better to have lots of workspaces that lots of charts in one workspace.

Your hard-disk looks pretty full. Have you defragmented it lately?

Corrupt data files have caused me that problem in the past. You can delete all the existing data files for the symbols you use and they will be reloaded from the server. (You can "refresh" the data also but this does not clear out all old data.) These data files are stored by symbol name in the TradeStation 8.0 > Cache folder. If you have lots of old tick data, do not delete that if you want it since it might not be available on the server anymore.

You might have a corrupt workspace or desktop file. You can transfer your charts from the old workspace to a new empty workspace very easily by simply copy/pasting each chart from the old workspace to the new workspace. This might help if the old workspace is corrupt.

Be sure to uncheck the "Update value intra-bar" option on all indicators unless you really need it. This eats up gobs of computer time. The default for new indicators for this option is "on" so you should also turn the default "off".

RadarScreen can take a lot of computing if you have complex indicators on lots of symbols. But I often have over 500 symbols with pretty complex indicators with no problem. But be very sure that the "Update value intra-bar" option is disabled... If it is on, the RadarScreen may never load.

How this helps.

Bob Fulks