Re: TS 8.0 has a problem opening workspaces

Several things can and do happen.  You try to open a workspace when
the market is open and your machine just can't keep up with current
data and open a workspace at the same time.  You give up then the
workwspace might or probably gets corrupted.

Sometimes you machine just can't open that many workspaces.

You have workspaces open then try to open one that is corrupted.

I always keep backups of all my workspaces and I do it frequently.  I
name Mainwork to Mainwork2 etc.  This way you have something that did
work if you mess up the current space.  I keep the task manager open
so I know the stress on the machine.  I also have good judgement from
zillions of past errors.  You can't open a workspace if the market is
going crazy.

Ok I'm gone.

Jimmy

	When opening some workspaces, especially if a number of others are already
open but even if the workspace I am opening is the first to be opened, I
often get an hourglass -- and usually a "waiting for data" or a
"recalculating" message -- that lasts sometimes for half an hour, sometimes
for an hour, and sometimes so long that in frustration I close TS and
reopen it, and occsionally even reboot, none of which seem to help with the
workspace I was trying to open (which has on occasion successfully opened
before) but at least allows me to open others.  This even happens with
workspaces that have only two days of intraday data and fairly simple
computations.   And sometime if I wait for an hour or so the workspace
actually opens.

1 - Is there a cure?
2 - Is there a way to interrupt the hourglass without closing down, and to
get back to the state TS was in before I tried to open the offending workspace?
3 - TS support doesn't seem to offer much help.  Is there any other service
that can help with obscure TS 8.0 problems?  I'm happy to pay for help if
it really helps.

Thanks.
Bob

PS
TS is running on a machine with:
a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 processor
8K primary memory cache
512 KB secondary memory cache
1 B RAM
20 GB HD w/3.4 GB Free Space

Do I need more memory?  A faster processor?  A larger HD?